Saturday, July 7

Gun shooting 101 @ Stronghand Shooting Range

I was visiting dealgrocer and stumbled upon a coupon for gun shooting. So sabe ko "Why not try it?" The coupon costs 1250 Php with basic lesson and 20 bullets. 

When:  July 3, 2012
Where: Stronghand Shooting Range @ E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave QC
What: Gun shooting
Who: My instructor was Sir Peachy Llige

The place has a great ambiance. It doesn't feel like you're in a shooting range talaga since may cafe sa loob. The restrooms are super clean and the people at the desk are nice.


The coffee shop.

Shooting Range

The classroom.


















Step 1: Basic Gun Shooting Lesson

According to Sir Peachy, there are 4 important points when it comes to gun handling
  • Careful where you point your gun
  • Check if gun is loaded at least thrice
  • Know what's behind your target too
  • Keep your finger off the trigger!

I was able to learn 3 guns, a single action revolver, an automatic caliber 45 and the last one, I forgot. I wasn't able to take pictures of the guns because I was too focused on the lesson.

Step 2: Actual Shooting
So after the class, they handed me a toolbox with my chosen gun, a caliber 45, with 20 bullets, ear muffs and glasses. The instructor even asked me "Babae ka ba talaga? Kasi bihira ang babaeng caliber 45 agad."  which I usually take as a compliment because I don't like being a girly girl.

I really wish I had everything on tape! Anyway, I'm planning to sign up for their membership naman so I'll be seeing and trying more guns! 

The whole experience was awesome. 101% awesome. It made me feel na I can do anything. At first, it was scary but in the end, I Kind Of (Not 100%) felt more comfortable. Sa uulitin!


No comments:

Post a Comment