Friday, April 19

UNESCO World Heritage: Melaka, Malaysia

UNESCO Bucketlist
[x] Melaka, Malaysia

How to get there:
From the city proper, my friend and I got on a taxi and headed to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan TBS. Our tickets were booked in advanced so we just had to show up at the station before 7AM. At first I thought we were going to be late, luckily the bus was still there.

Travel Time: ~2 Hours
Bus Ticket: 12 MYR
To book your tickets, visit www.tbsbts.com.my

Upon Arriving:
The bus will stop at Melaka Sentral and you have to take a taxi going to the main heritage site.

Travel Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Taxi Price: 20 MYR

Breakfast: 
After the taxi ride, the red structures start to become visible. I was already in a world heritage site. We went  to the information center first, and sadly it was closed. So we decided to eat breakfast at a famous restaurant. Or so we think because people are lining up. What's the fuzz about?

We ordered a whole chicken which costs around 35-40 MYR and the famous (woohoo!) chicken rice balls. The food was very very tasty! I am not a food fan and I don't experiment when it comes to food but since I was in a new place, I decided to try everything the city has to offer. And I have succeeded! (woohoo!)



Tour:
After eating, we got on our feet and started the walking guided tour I found online. I'm not sure how hot it was during that day, I may exaggerate a bit but it was freaking hot. Anyway, here are some photos from the trip.

Walking Tour: http://www.asiaexplorers.com/diy/malaccacolonial.htm













Lunch: 
Nancy Kitchen in Jonker Street
Told ya before I am not a fan of food so I let my friends do the hard decision - What dish to order? While they were deciding I was enjoying the air conditioner,  instragram-ing my photos and foursquare-ing the places I've been to. After a few minutes, the food arrived.

Tour:
What to do when you're in a new place? Explore explore and eat eat.  Since we were already in Jonker Street, we decided to eat the famous Cendol or the Halo-halo(Philippines Version) in Jonker 88. I was still full but what the hell! I'm in Malaysia! Foto, entrar!




Leaving:
Our ticket's return time is 7pm so we decided to head back to Melaka Sentral and took the taxi from the heritage site which also cost 20 MYR. I don't know what got into me, probably the hot hot weather and all the non-stop walking but I was hungry again so I bought myself a Mcdonalds meal.  Our return to the city took almost 3 hours because of heavy traffic but I didn't mind because I was sleeping the whole time. Haha!

In my opinion, Melaka is a good place to visit for a day trip. I couldn't see anything much to do than eat and take pictures of this awesome place. Make it a point to visit at least 10 famous attraction so your trip would be worth it like mine!:) However, if you are visiting Melaka in the future, make sure you gear up for the sun otherwise, you'll get a tan like I did. Terima Kasih, Melaka! Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment