Monday, August 6

My Taste in Men

There's always one question that pops out in a casual conversation. Most of the time, men are the ones asking me this. What's the question? "Ano bang gusto mo sa isang lalaki?" ("What kind of men do you like?")

Of course, my usual answer is: "Mabait siyempre" ("Someone kind of course") and "mabango" ("Someone who smells good"). Yet I am allergic to perfume.  But actually none of these fits what I really want. Yes, I know a man must be good, but that shouldn't be mentioned anymore since it's a universal fact that men should always be good. What do I want then?

When I see couples walking around me, which happens most of the time, I kind of wonder how the guy she's holding hands with have proven his love to her? Has he given her gifts? Has he taken her to Prague? Has he introduced her to his family? And sometimes, I thought, I wanna go to Praguetoo. I want to receive gifts. I know I'm not into flowers but yes, I want to at least experience how it feels like. Then maybe I'll get to like it.  I want to be introduced and know that This Guy is not ashamed to be with me. He is not ashamed to tell His parents that "Yes, mom I  have a girlfriend and she's awesome".

I probably want someone who will make me feel secured. Someone I know who'll be there whenever a storm comes. Someone who'll come to me, dripping wet just to even ask me if I'm okay or bring me take-out from Mcdonald's. Then maybe I'll just hug him and kiss him.

When you come to think of it, it doesn't really matter is he's handsome or not. I mean seriously, what am I gonna do with all that beauty in his face? And thinking about having a super hot/handsome boyfriend is already driving me insane. With all the girls looking at him while we eat, walk and talk. Come on, it's causing me a headache already. Just imagine when we're at the beach.

Long story short, I just want a normal guy, with no extraordinary powers but to make me feel special. I'm sure that's what every girl wants right?

-M.C.C


No comments:

Post a Comment