Wednesday, August 8

Review: MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

What: MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50
Price: 290HKD ~ Php 1624

I wasn't really the makeup type cause I commuted from home to school back in college. But when I started working 9 months ago, I had to put on at least a little. I started with eyeliners - foundations - lipsticks. I needed to have the essentials first right? Anyway, one day I decided to drop by MAC's store in SOGO Causeway Bay to buy a Primer. 

The product is quite thick. It felt like applying body cream, except you apply it to the face. I'm not really sure if that's  how primers should be since this is my first time using one. The good thing about this primer is it spreads easily. Yes, thick but easily. The color of the product is white and gives a matte feel but after spreading it evenly, the color fades. After the primer, I then proceed with my MAC Studio Fix Foundation. 

Does it work? For the SPF, I sure do hope it does. There's really no way of testing it under the sun. I can't risk it. LOL But it really keeps my makeup together. I put on this primer everyday and since most of the time I'm rushing to get to work, I sweat and all. When I arrive at the office, I check my face in the mirror and voila! makeup is still there. Although they say that primers are for hiding the pores, I'm not really sure if this fits that cause my pores are totally huge and I can still see it.

Value for money. Personally, I do not find it expensive. Yes, it may be compared to other products but remember, beauty comes with a price. Chos.


No comments:

Post a Comment